Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 22 - Earth Day

Earth Day is here again - a reminder to all of us to recycle, re-use, re-purpose, or UP-cycle - my personal favorite! 

I have a box of old t-shirts, a large bag of old socks, and a huge pile of old blue jeans that I work from when I'm making 'artsy' stuff.  I also save my batting scraps, bits & pieces of assorted ribbons and trims, and lots of odd buttons - it's fun to take these things and make something pretty from them - like the blue star charm, or the fairy crown, or the coffee cuff.

Hope you have a way of recycling something into something beautiful today - or at least in the near future!

and here is a pic of the "Seeking Wisdom" quilt that won the Blue Ribbon in Mixed Technique - Small Quilt at Three Rivers Quilt Show last week:

See you next time,
Granny

2 comments:

  1. Thea, I love that quilt with the flying geese, is it yours? Is there a pattern...would love to make it! tell me more!!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "Seeking Wisdom" quilt - stunning - congratulations on the blue ribbon on it!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from friends, quilters, fiber folk, and family members.
Leave a note and say hello!