Friday, December 3, 2010

Three weeks til Christmas....

Yes, only 3 short weeks until Christmas eve... 
no, I don't have my 'shopping' done, although I've done a little shopping!
no, I don't have any cookies baked, either!
but have I been busy?  you betcha!

busy reading blogs, sorting my office stuff (the quilt/guild/show/shop related box-see below), and working on a few things in the studio, which has suddenly become a frigid wasteland..... Brrrr!!!

I took pics of all the quilts waiting to be quilted - they are waiting patiently on the clothesline next to Helga... I can't post all the pics cause some are 'surprises'...
I also am working on the Roll Roll Cotton Boll mystery quilt with Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.

Here's a couple of samples of my previous efforts at using up my scraps...
this is a pillow top waiting to be completed... this is foundation pieced directly onto the batting scraps - no additional quilting needed!  Just needs another border, a back and a pillow insert and some lucky recipient will be getting this for Christmas!  (well, at least I hope they feel lucky to receive it - sometimes it's a little hard to tell....)
 

another quilt top on the aforementioned clothesline is this strippy quilt - I used phone book pages for the foundations in this one... the paper falls out so easily -
and it's a great way to use up the wonky strips that result from 'squaring up' before rotary cutting the 'real' quilt pieces!  dd may recognize some of these fabs from her college quilt!  This will also be a gift... but it's a 'quilt in waiting' for today!

my next 'phone book quilt' may have to be smaller blocks - the phone book has shrunk this year!

...that's the new one on top, last year's is on the bottom.... all the pages are torn out now from the old one.

so, I'm off to work in the tundra room studio
- Step 4 of the mystery quilt will include fabrics from these two bins:
this one is a shoebox - nice and tidy!
this one holds three loads of laundry - except it's all scraps!

I have my emergency rations at hand:

chocolate hidden in my extra large thimble.....

and in case I need serious nourishment,


and then I can quilt this little table topper/wallhanging,whatever.....

and pet my latest acquisitions, courtesy of dd via Lonni Rossi....

and if I need to warm up, I can finish sorting/filing/recycling this overflowing box of quilt related paper....
So, I have plenty to keep me busy today, besides cruising on over to the Blog Hop for more Holiday make-it ideas and recipes.... click on link below to visit!

and just one more little thing before I sign off.... my good friend Lani has a story published in a book!
check this out, too, I'm so proud of her!


whew!  that's all for today - ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from friends, quilters, fiber folk, and family members.
Leave a note and say hello!