Monday, February 13, 2017

Lots of quilting and knitting fun.


I have been participating in Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt, inspired by her trip to
France, entitled En Provence (you can find the clues and reveal by clicking on the underlined link above) and it has been a fun distraction from the holidays and the bad weather!
 
I am really enjoying the challenges and the sharing of the various participants on Bonnie's blog.  She is a remarkable quilt designer, and goes to such interesting places!  I love reading her blog posts - it's like visiting with a friend. This is the last of the Mystery Monday Linkups for this quilt - hope you have time to visit and view some of the other amazing examples of Bonnie's ingenious design! http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2017/02/mystery-monday-link-up-finale.html

I started the Friday after Thanksgiving and did my best to keep up the pace with the other quilters.  I think I have been somewhat successful.  Here is my version of Bonnie's Mystery Quilt:


Thea McCurry's En Provence version





My bed is a queen size, and this quilt covers it nicely.  I am sewing on the last border today and hope to have it quilted and bound so I can enter it in the Quilt Company East guild's quilt show coming up this July:

Thursday JULY 13, Friday July 14, Saturday July 15, 2017 at ST. BERNADETTE CATHOLIC CHURCH in MONROEVILLE, PA 
 

                                                 Hours are:
                                                 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM Thursday
                                                 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM Friday
                                                 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Saturday
All are welcome at our quilt show.


Also, I've been knitting a bunch of cute little baby caps for our local hospital's nursery. They only take a few hours each and they use up a bit of my super excessive yarn stash.  I tend to work on these during football games or watching tv, so I don't use a pattern, just cast on, knit until it's 'baby head size' and then bind off.  Please don't ask for a pattern.  If you want one, check out the free patterns on "Ravelry".

Here is a selection of my hand knit baby hats:

I get bored easily, so there is seldom any two alike, even when I try!
Hope your days of full of fun and creativity.

Best wishes for a safe and healthy Winter!

Thea in PA

4 comments:

  1. Bravo beautiful quilt and I love the yellow you used instead of the white/cream. It completely changes the resulting quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful result. Good luck in the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your En Provence! It will be a great addition to your guild's quilt show.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from friends, quilters, fiber folk, and family members.
Leave a note and say hello!