Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Talent Tuesday

Postcards made last month for 4x6ers swap - Buildings theme
 
Today is a good day to expand an existing talent. 

Whether you like to sew, paint, jog, swim, bike, or whatever.  Push yourself just a little out of your comfort zone today.  Experiment with a new recipe, try a different route, speak to someone you have never spoken to before.
 
I'm taking an art class today... in watercolors.  I haven't had an art class since I was 14, so this is scary! 

I might find out that I know a lot less than I thought I did.  Maybe I really can't learn everything from the internet.  Who knows?  I'm going to try - really give it a shot.

And tomorrow, I'm going to try gelatin printing.  I've already mixed the gelatin in a pan - it is in the fridge getting firmer by the minute.  I'm giddy with anticipation.  Will it really work?

I won't know for sure until I try!  The theme for the next 4x6ers swap is 'Free Choice'.... I wonder where the muse will lead me?


1 comment:

  1. Your postcard quilts are fabulous! I promise, I really will make one - I have all of yours displayed to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from friends, quilters, fiber folk, and family members.
Leave a note and say hello!