Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Year!

Happy Birthday to all you Leap Year Babies...  But if your Birthday only comes once every four years... you might be 40 instead of 10.  Just sayin'.  ;-)

March comes tomorrow... In like a Lion, Out like a Lamb.  Time for kites & whirly-gigs.





I've been trying to finish a sewing/knitting/quilting project this weekend, just to be able to say I finished something... but there has been no dent at all in my UFO piles.  I did make a new thread catcher to go with my new sewing machine mat for the upcoming QCE retreat, but I can't post pics of those until after the retreat.

What I have accomplished is about 5 yards of hand dyed wool, most of which is destined for sale at the Quilt Patch, Etc. in Mt. Pleasant.  I love the softer Spring colors so much, I think I'll have to make more!

Here are some pics, these have already been posted to my Facebook page, but they are so pretty that I'm putting them here, too.


I was not really trying to make gradations, but that's how they came out... each day I did colors that 'blended' with each other...
a day of yellows, oranges and pinks,

  

then a day of blues and orchids,   


















then a day of chartreuse, greens and turquoise - love the bright aqua there in the middle of this stack! 



















I also took all the leftover green & blue dyes and mixed them into a final 'batch'
that came out just right for pastel aqua foliage....
such as these wool succulents...
I also want to thank Nan Loncharich  for developing so many ways to use these hand dyed wool fabrics. 
If you click on her name above, you will see pictures of some of her other beautiful woolen creations.

Thanks for stopping by today.  See you again soon!

Hugs, ggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from friends, quilters, fiber folk, and family members.
Leave a note and say hello!