Wednesday, March 19, 2014

to post, or have more time for art?

Don't think that just because I have not posted lately that I've been idle!  nor sick! (yeah!)
I've been stenciling, teaching, quilting, dyeing, embroidering, painting, journaling... and journeying!
Here are some recent pics:
a little picture done with hand-dyed and recycled wool, yarn, embroidery, beads and painted recycled dryer sheets.

some of my recent hand dyed wool - new dyes that just had to be tested!

Taught a NewBee class how to make a 'turned finish' - good for pressing mats, which all 'turned out' great!

 First, sew all around the edges leaving an opening big enough for your hand...
then trim the corners...
and pull the long loop through the little loops... presto!  a tote for your iron that transforms to a handy pressing mat!


Altho there were six students... the last picture is so blurry it is not included...  sorry!









Last weekend I went to the 10th Annual Knit and Crochet Festival - a fantastic event with every kind and color of yarn and roving imaginable... but I did not snap any pics...  too busy groping all that yummy soft yarn, I guess!

This weekend I'll be at the Wayne Art Center for the SAQA Symposium and art quilt opening. 

Now I really need to clean out the car and pack up for this trip.

Be back soon!
ggs

2 comments:

Love to hear from friends, quilters, fiber folk, and family members.
Leave a note and say hello!